[DeTomaso] Inspecting a pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 17:38:49 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/18/08 13 46 28, adin at frontier.net writes:

> I'm sure you will get a volunteer.  It is important to have someone
> who understands the implications of a bad ZF (probably 1/3 the cost of
> a driver) or body rust.
>

>>>The car in question has a brand new (not rebuilt) ZF, with both the .642
5th gear and 3.77 ring and pinion, I believe.

Tony Harvey drove his car *everywhere* and was a bit of a Pantera expert, so
it won't have any structural rust, I don't think.   Jim is also a very
straight shooter and did a lot of work rebuilding the car (and making improvements)
so if it had issues, he would have dealt with them then.

I looked at the car, although not closely, on Friday.   I'd say one could buy
with confidence--BUT I would still want to get a set of expert, objective
eyes on it before I bought it, especially if I was trying to buy it from halfway
around the world.