[DeTomaso] 2009 Fun Rally Location

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Aug 17 22:51:14 EDT 2008

Asa,

I’m not stuck on the “tradition” so much as the location.  .  From Hawaii,
we have a local charter which combines air/hotel/food and ground
transportation in one package that makes it affordable to come.  Having to
go to Reno instead of Las Vegas eliminates that travel service and the
savings it offers us.  Many of us “kill two birds with one stone” by
combining a vacation in Las Vegas with the POCA Fun Rally.  I’ve been to
Reno many a time and while it’s a nice place does not compare to the things
to do places to go in Vegas.  Many of the wives, girlfriends etc are not
really into the Pantera scene but come along and enjoy Vegas while their
significant others go to POCA events.

I would assume that the added cost of fuel to travel there by others who
live on the mainland will also impact attendance.  I can tell you that if it
is held in Reno, myself and most if not all of the other Hawaiians will not
be attending due to cost, travel convenience, and not having “Vegas” for our
significant others to enjoy.  If POCA feels the need to move venues, then I
wish them the best of luck and hopes that the event is enjoyable and
profitable.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis

Checked by AVG.