[DeTomaso] 2009 Fun Rally Location

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Aug 17 21:02:26 EDT 2008

Dennis,

I don't wish to try and change your mind, and I've enjoyed meeting you
in Las Vegas every year you attend.  Please don't hold too strongly to
the "Tradition" mantra though.  After all, for over 20 years, the
"Tradition" was to hold the event at The Plaza, but that's had to
change.  Even before leaving The Plaza, the "Tradition" of closing down
Fremont street to park all Panteras got shut down when the city closed
Fremont permanently.  Yes, POCA has been able to hold a limited display
of cars, but it's not really the same.  Sometimes tradition needs a
little boost, a small change here an there to keep it fresh, young and
new.  I think we got that when the event moved to The Orleans.  I think
we got that when the track day moved to Spring Mountain Motor Speedway.
Each was a little change that in my opinion invigorated the event.

I realize if the event moves to Reno, it would be a greater financial
burden to attend.  It would also be a much longer trip for those coming
from Arizona, New Mexico, and Southern California; traditionally the
largest group.  It might however, encourage new folks to attend, from
Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, and even Canada.  Sometimes
it's nice to start new traditions.

Anyway... don't mean to try and influence you, just want you to
understand POCA is trying to move forward while at the same time
listening to the constituency.

Looking forward to seeing you next year,
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA