[DeTomaso] Amp gage reading - pegged to the left?

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Aug 16 19:05:50 EDT 2008

Maybe I just need to take Amp gage reading 101, but coming back from a show
today, my Amp meter was almost pegged to the LEFT.  Now I'm used to seeing
it dead center, or just slightly to the right, more to the tight when it's
charging.

Seeing the gage almost all the way to the left, my first thought was that
I'd thrown the belt, but my temp was fine, and when I got home, I pulled the
firewall and engine cover and the belt was intact and tight.  The car was
running fine otherwise, better than it has for a long time.  It is quite hot
today, and I know both sucker fans were running full on.

How might I interpret this amp gage reading?

Thanks
Mike Thomas