[DeTomaso] Free Hydrogen

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:04:24 EDT 2008

It doesn't balance.  But you won't find many web sites debunking such
methods.  It not worth the effort.

I saw a video "debunking" the Mysthbusters debunking the myth that hydrogen
production with vehicle powered electrolysis was feasible, and the results
were impressive.  You can fill a shopping bag with hydrogen and oxygen mix
in 5 minutes.  That's better than I've ever seen it done in the lab, so I
was impressed.  That was over a 20 amp circuit, so I assume that that's
20x12=240W and over 5 minutes that's... well, that's higher math.  It
doesn't sound too bad though.

How much energy can you get out of a shopping bag full of hydrogen?  Well,
if that shopping bag holds 5.8L (big bag) you will be able to get your car
down the road for 2 revolutions of the engine after 5 minutes of
electrolysis.

So, ultimately, I don't think it will hurt anything much, but I don't think
it would help much either no matter how much hand waving you do.  You're
better off with straight up water injection.

Pretty car.

sean

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '59 Austin A35, '71 Pantera #1382
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso