[DeTomaso] SBF Ford issue- Felpro Gaskets- Aluminum Heads

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Aug 14 16:38:16 EDT 2008

The Goose motor replacement saga continues....

Went to find my intake gaskets, only to find I hadn't bought them yet.... duh!

Aluminum Y303 heads require a taller port gasket.  M9439-A50. (Ford Number)

Rumor mill has it that the early gaskets, probably made by Felpro, #1262, were
replaced with a better #1262-S3 that has a steel shim in it now to help prevent
gasket walk around the water ports.

I've found a shop selling some 1262S that appears to be steel core.

Any one have any small block experience with these??? Good, bad, otherwise?

Thanks,
Steve