[DeTomaso] fuel cell as oil cooler ???

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 13 15:32:17 EDT 2008

In adding another car to the Registry, I (easily) noticed that the stock
fuel tank had been removed, and a "standard shaped" tank or cell installed
over the ZF.

OK so this adds weight in the worst location, but...

In the photo I also noticed was might be an oil line going into and out of
the tank.  (In addition to the expected fuel connections.)

Hmmm.  The cooler fuel might cool the oil in the typical heat transfer like
oil-to-water coolers.  But...

Fuel works best when the air/fuel charge is cool (denser air).

Long ago in my 510 days, when I experimented with EVERYthing about a car, I
had a fuel cooler can (filled with frozen blue ice).

Theoretically this fuel cooler worked, but the benefit was out-weighed by
the effort.  So I must be missing something.

I would think there are too many issues with an oil-to-fuel cooler...

But interesting none-the-less!

Chuck