[DeTomaso] ZF oil

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Aug 13 14:10:58 EDT 2008

My trans has the dipstick tube where the level plug is, below the shifter box, replacing the plug (shown as item 154 in the -2 manual (fig. E1031.005) ). Filling could be done through the dipstick hole with a thin spouted funnel but is easier through the top fill plug. A flipped trans would not be able to use the side plug for level checking, it'd be close to the top of the case. Instead I think they wouild use one of the two bottom pan (to us) plugs. One is indicated to be a breather in the exploded view drawing you sent me 3-4 years ago (Fig. 21-4/1). Our level plug looks like a magnetic plug in that picture as does what I use as a filler (which is the Mangusta drain plug).

Tomas