[DeTomaso] Steering rack adventures

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Aug 12 21:01:24 EDT 2008

Just to clarify, there are two covers on the steering rack.  One covers
the bottom of the pinion shaft and the other covers a kind of shoe that
rides on the back of the rack and contains a stiff spring between it and
the cover.

My assumption here is that you are adding/removing shims from that
second cover that presses on the shoe.  In a situation where the rack is
too stiff, and there are no extra shims to add, where does one find some
shims?

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie