[DeTomaso] Children of the Corn Update

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Tue Aug 12 15:51:28 EDT 2008

Hello Guys & Gals,
 Had a fantastic time at the SORC in Nebraska & all the
things you former participants of open road racing events
said about the fun factor is definitely true!! If I had the $$
and time to do them all I'd try to better the Dawgs' record
of 6-7 a year. MD, Godfather & I (along with three of the
Brazilian girls that Dawg brought) turned the little town of
Arnold upside down. All the other guys there - particularly
the Vette guys were jealous beyond belief when they saw
the girls helping to clean up our cars & blowing us kisses
at the start & finish lines!! By the time we were done we'd
been thrown out of every bar in town except one &
completely ran out of Team Pantera stickers before we had
run out of cars to stick them on - next year MD needs to
bring a bigger supply :<))) I was glad to hear that this is
the most challenging of the road races & now I can see
why. I'd have rather seen a smooth asphalt highway than
the rock strewn chip & seal type road we ran. Had to be
careful of loose rocks,etc. along the outsides of the curves
that had been thrown up by the faster class cars that went
before our class. All in all, it is a challenging road & a real
hoot to drive fast on!
 The population of Arnold & some of the smaller towns
around that got involved in the 1/3,1/2, and 1 mile shoot-
outs all more than bent over backwards for all of us
racers. The hunting trailer we all stayed in was fully
stocked w/ food & anything else we needed when I arrived
& it was all donated to Team Pantera( & the Brazilian
girls) by its owner! Many of the other racers were put up in
the homes of the citizens of Arnold @ no cost. Friendliest
folks you'd ever want to meet & I think we must have met
them all during the course of our stay. This is a definite "Must Do" event for me again next year & I hope Tommy
Gun & The Pope can make it so we can form a team of
P-cars! I'll let MD elaborate more on our adventures in the
next few days when he hits home. Wouldn't want to leave
the Dawg with no stories to relate to all of you. :<)))
All for now!

Bob (Rowdy) Radefeld

PS: Newest member of Team Pantera & no longer
       considered a slacker. :<))