[DeTomaso] ZF oil

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:43:09 EDT 2008

When I got my car I was told the Castrol Hypo C 80/90 would be fine.  I noticed it does not state it has the limited slip additive.  I was looking online at the gear oils and most with the non-slip additive are synthetic.
Are most people using synthetic gear oils?  I was told not to from the dealer I bought my car from as I recall.

To clarify the filling process you add until it leaks?  Mine fills from the top of the ZF case and has the dip stick/pipe as you mention.  So on the "top off" you fill it all the way until it drools from the pipe under the shifter-shaft box?  I was also told if it is over-filled it can cause the gears to over-heat??

Thanks
Clay