[DeTomaso] Webers on 2v heads?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Aug 12 07:07:58 EDT 2008

I made a intake myself for 4 IDA Webers for my former 302 Boss motor,
pictured on my site.
The 2V heads has for some strange reason the ports at the lower portion of
the heads.
When I build the intake I possitioned the intake runner in the top section
of the 4V head, and
raised the bottom part of the head port with aluminium inserts. The top of
the runner is
1800mm^2. Lets say we can use a head inlet of 1600mm^. So as fare as the
area is concerned,
 the 2V head will be good. The problem is the port location that will create
a sharper bend of the
channel. I could hardley think they made an Weber intake for this low
possition head port.
Now, the trick with 2V head is increased flow from less area. When using
Webers on 4V head
one should raise the head channel bottom anyway, so there is no air speed
loss present using
4V heads. And a better more straight channel than that we will have using
the 2V head.
Goran