[DeTomaso] Webers on 2v heads?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 05:47:28 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/12/08 2 36 47, dfcex at pacbell.net writes:

> Does anyone know if a Weber intake, designed for 4v heads, would work well
> with (domestic) open chamber 2v heads?
> How about a 4v Performer on 2v heads?
> Any thoughts?

Several people confirmed to me offline that what I suspected is true--a 2V
intake can have some benefits on a 4V head, but the gross port mismatch of a 4V
intake on a 2V head would be terrible UNLESS the head was deeply ported to
match the contour of the 4V intake manifold port--which might be possible but
likely would be more expensive than just buying a proper intake to begin with.