[DeTomaso] Best Brakes Recommendation

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 21:05:09 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/11/08 15 36 51, thefuture98070 at yahoo.com writes:

> I know you've all chimed in on this subject, and I apologize for not paying
> enough attention earlier (I can't keep up with the list serve - anyone else
> have this problem?)
>
> I'm looking to upgrade my brakes.  It would great to get the Group 5 brakes
> at www.pim.net but don't want to shell out the $4k.  Any recommendations
> on best brakes for the $?

You need to carefully analyze your current and projected future needs, and
then share that analysis before you can get a meaningful answer to your
question.

If you are just going to be driving the car on the street, the Porterfield
R4-S pads, braided stainless steel lines, and fresh fluid should give you all
the stopping power you could need, and more.   If you are a bit more spirited,
then Mustang vented front rotors in addition to the above would be a good
solution.

That will even work on the track, if the brakes are used in moderation and
the speeds are reasonable.

Once you start to get unreasonable, that's when you need better brakes.   So,
how reasonable do you envision yourself being?