[DeTomaso] Best Brakes Recommendation

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 11 18:53:33 EDT 2008

I thought I included something in a follow on PI article years ago...

1)  What one could do to make the most out of the "stock" brakes.
    (Pads, upgraded booster, master, hoses, etc...)

2)  I didn't cover the "Mustang" rotor upgrade, didn't know about it at the
time.  I would stack it here...

3)  Covered several (3?) vendor packages in the $2K range (at the time)

4)  Covered the Wilwood/Sierra vendor systems in the $4K range (at the time)

5)  I would now include the Brembo/Porsche 996 system Ken Green created or
"System Engineered"

6)  I didn't cover the 6K+ full Brembo package nor the carbon/ceramic F1
type systems.

My suggestion is to match your brakes to be equal or better than your power.

Chuck Melton

I know you've all chimed in on this subject, and I apologize for not paying
enough attention earlier (I can't keep up with the list serve - anyone else
have this problem?)

I'm looking to upgrade my brakes.  It would great to get the Group 5 brakes
at www.pim.net but don't want to shell out the $4k.  Any recommendations
on best brakes for the $?

Thanks,

Chris Terp