[DeTomaso] clutch seepage

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 12:43:15 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/10/08 5:37:36 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> My question is; I'm planning on joining the club for a 300 mile round-trip
> drive in early September.  Do I have to fix this before I go (which is
> impossible since I'll be on vacation until then), or can I do the drive and worry
> about it later?

Theres only a single o-ring inside the slave cylinder (which is whats
leaking). Replacing that should only take an hour, including bleeding air out of it.
If it gets worse, you'll have problems shifting gears, or lose the clutch
entirely. Riding in a tow truck is uncomfortable. I suggest a stainless steel
long-throw slave cylinder from any of the vendors. Its a drop-in replacement that
should last forever, in contrast to the cast iron stocker. Good luck on the
run-J Deryke