[DeTomaso] clutch seepage

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Aug 10 21:59:39 EDT 2008

Dear Chris,

          If the "little plunger in the engine compartment that has
something to do with the clutch" is the original clutch slave cylinder, then
I would say it is a harbinger of buying a new long throw slave cylinder from
one of the vendors.   It might last the duration of the 300 mile cruise, but
if it doesn't, then the return trip won't be terribly pleasant.    Dumb
idea:  leave the Pantera with one of your club buddies,  order the slave
cylinder to be delivered to their home address and have them install it
while you're on vacation.  It is a pretty simple installation.  I would
suggest a really nice gift for them, other than a T shirt, when you return
from vacation........!

                             Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles