[DeTomaso] Third fan / cooling problems at idle.

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Aug 10 20:05:59 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the input.  It's always funny that different people have had different experiences with the same car (if any two Panteras are actually the same, which I doubt!)  When my friends from Panteras Northwest were helping me with my car, I would often find oddities that didn't male sense to me.  When I asked them about something strange, they would, in unison, simply say, "It's Italian!"

Right now, when all three fans are running, the car doesn't get above about 195 or maybe 200, tops.  Based on that, I think I'll leave well enough alone for now.  Next time I pull the engine (which will be this winter, I think) I'll try reversing the hoses to see if it improves things any.  Although, from what I've heard, if I'm only running 200 on a hot day in bumper-to-bumper traffic, that's a good thing.

Sincerely,

Chris

PS:  I do have another impending problem which I'll mention in a new post.  Be sure to watch for it!