[DeTomaso] Intake for 2v heads

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Sun Aug 10 12:16:41 EDT 2008

Dear Dan and Paul,

I've had two Aussie engines. The first was built by someone else and used the 2V Performer with a low end torquey cam. The second one I assembled with recommendations from Dan Jones. That one uses the Weiand X clerator which perfectly matched the Aussie ports. I didn't know there were two versions of the 2V Xclerator and I suppose I got the proper one for my use.

Comparing those two engine is like comparing apples to oranges, but I certainly prefer the Weiand Xclerator engine in all regards. It did make more power on the dyno with a 1/2" or 3/4" carb spacer.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles