[DeTomaso] MSD timing

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 09:27:31 EDT 2008

I tend to agree with those settings.

I've usually set the total to 38 or even 40, if it'll take it.

On the dyno, my car made nearly the same HP at 34 total.  I left the dyno at
34 thinking that I was willing to lose a small % of HP if it meant I could
run the cheap gas.  The only problem is it ran like a dog.  Make that a
Chevy.  I like my dog.

It was harder to start, and sluggish.  If I recall correctly, I stopped on
the way home and set it back to 38 total.  Mucho better.  Very responsive,
plus it ran okay on mid-grade w/out pinging.

Will.