[DeTomaso] Third fan / cooling problems at idle.

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sun Aug 10 05:50:08 EDT 2008

Hi Chris, you are talking original radiator? In that case the top tube is
the outlet of the radiator.
This is a doubble pass radiator to speed up the water within the radiator by
deviding it in to
two sections creating twice the length and half the flow area.  I you look
at he lower half ,
which is the inlet section, as beeing the  inlet section of a single
crossflow radiator, the inlet is on
TOP of this section. The water is then passed to the other section via the
other side thank and
has its oulet on the BOTTOM of this section. In other word, the same as a
regular crossflow
radiator, the inlet at the top  and outlet on bottom.
Reversing the connection hoses will therefore work against the "cooler
warter is heavier" princip.
The fact that they are close together is not the point here.

When speaking higher waterspeed is good, this is exactly what the factory
did with this radiator.
Goran