[DeTomaso] Looking for a 4-bolt Euro Brake Master Cylinder

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 9 22:54:37 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/9/08 11 35 0, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> One of our Northwest members has Euro GTS he's working on, and needs to
> either rebuild or replace his brake master.  The Euro versions apparently
> had a 4-bolt connection to the booster, so the GM unit I was referring him
> to won't work.
>
> Did the early US Panteras use a 4-bolt pattern?

No, they were all the same.

Yours has been replaced, and has a machined adapter between the booster and
the master.

He has the choice now, of either replacing his master with a direct bolt-in
replacement (which was not an option until recently), or doing the adapter
thing.   Different vendors offer different solutions.