[DeTomaso] Cam Install and Timing DVD (Pantera Mechanicals General Knowledge for Engine Building)

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 9 03:03:07 EDT 2008

I bought my copy of the Comp Cams' "How To" thru Summit Racing for $20. The
demonstration is with a Chevy small block, but the instructor points out
(numerous times) that he's teaching the theory,  not a specific "how to".
With their method you can do everything that uses a camshaft. Doesn't matter
if it's OHV, SOHC, DOHC, or whatever. The theory is the same, the only thing
that changes is the details for the specific instance, like where to place
the dial indicator, where to measure the camshaft at, which lobe to measure,
and so forth.

I believe you can also order it directly from Comp Cams, however my guess is
that Summit's going to be more reasonable. Especially if you can "add it" to
a larger order, so that $11 flat shipping rate is "spread around".

Chris