[DeTomaso] A dilemma

Joel Montero jmontero at fcmat.org
Thu Aug 7 13:01:29 EDT 2008

In the redo of my interior I decided to try and replace the rocker
switches for the windshield washer and wipers.  The originals in my car
were the type where the upper half is actually a green lens that is
illuminated when the lights are turned on.  The original chrome around
the bezel is chipped away and replacement switches of this type seem to
be unavailable from any source.  So the option was to replace them with
black rocker switches with a symbol for the wipers and the work "wash"
on the second switch.  I was able to obtain, from Bob Byers, the wiper
switch quite easily.  The washer switch is another story.  I've tried
every vendor without success.  Does anyone have a suggestion where I
might find this final switch?  I think it may have been standard on one
of the later cars.

Thanks,

Joel