[DeTomaso] Qvale & DeTomaso

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Aug 7 01:38:52 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/6/08 13 29 57, rlbpantera at earthlink.net writes:

> Mike,
> Here is what you wrote:
>
> Joe Moore also has a dedicated track car De Tomaso Mangusta (before it was
renamed the Qvale).    His car was a test mule, and thus can't ever be put on
the
road, in any country.    He gave me a ride around Pocono in the thing quite a

few years ago--impressively fast!

> I think the phrase "dedicated track car De Tomaso Mangusta...." ispretty
> unambiguous that you're talking about Mangustas. Maybe it (healso has a Mangusta
> track car) is true but at no point do you associateJoe with a Guara. Feel
> free to clarify to the list.
>
>>>I was obviously still feeling the effects of the thin air at altitude when
I wrote that!

Joe never had a Qvale Mangusta or a De Tomaso Bigua.   He had the first Guara
coupe, and that's what I was thinking about; why I called it a Qvale car is
beyond my ability to comprehend at the moment.

Thanks for the correction, Richard! :>)