[DeTomaso] gear oils

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Aug 6 12:02:22 EDT 2008

When it comes to ATF in actual Automatic transmissions, there is (or
was) a large difference.  As a younger kid, we tend to find those
things out by trial and error.  Finding that Dexron (for Chevy
transmissions) will not work in a Ford tranny, and vice-verse.  I
can't explain why, I'll leave that to the bigger brains.  :)

Today, I think the formulations are much different, but you still need
to pay attention to what is recommended.

Asa Jay