[DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Cylinder Head Style (application)

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Wed Aug 6 09:52:50 EDT 2008

Fernando

I think the article you are reading is about Ford 351 WINDSOR heads.
Completely different from our Pantera Ford CLEVELAND engines, although some
people use Cleveland heads on a Windsor block. (BOSS 302, Clevor, etc.)
I am not aware that anyone has ever used Windsor heads on a Cleveland
engine. Doesn't seem like a good idea and probably very hard to do. (maybe
impossible)
All the good Panteras (Ford program 1971-74) came with Cleveland engines.
8>)
Some weird stuff happened in the 80s when a very small number of cars got
Windsor engines after Clevelands got hard to find.

Your 1971 4V Cleveland heads have a quench chamber with higher compression
than my 1972 4V heads. Other than that, they are the same ... or they were
when both were new. Both were capable of much higher performance than
Windsor heads of the same time period.

Hope this helps.

Barry