[DeTomaso] ADA LM Pantera 6 sp. Quaife

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 09:46:07 EDT 2008

Patrick,

The GT40s forum has a _lot_ of discussion about ZF's being weak and
not being able to handle more than 500HP - quite the opposite of what
you see here on this forum.

I think it's been said here quite clearly... don't abuse them and
they're OK for lots of HP.
Racing, with continuous high temperatures, adds another element though....

Quaife has recently delivered a shipment (I don't know how many) of
their ZF lookalike transaxle to Dennis Olthoff in North Carolina and
he has been installing them in SPF GT40s.

I haven't seen that much feedback on them yet other than 'they are
good', but if you know the guys at Quaife, then I'd contact them and
see what they are rating their ZF replacement at in terms of HP and
TQ. It might be what you're looking for?

Just a thought....
Kirby