[DeTomaso] European speedometer

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Aug 6 05:19:17 EDT 2008

Hans Lindbohm skrev:
> Hello,
>

> I am new to the list, just having bought a 72 Pantera which is now being
> shipped from US to Sweden.
>

> "Repatriating" a Pantera to European regulations means that I need a km/h
> speedometer among some other things. There was recently one sold on Ebay (
> but I was too late for that one ). So if there is any more out there who has
> a spare European speedometer or just the parts needed to convert to km/h,
> please contact me.

You will also need proper angle drive in the ZF end when you switch from
a MPH to KPH speedo. The gearing is different, 1610 revs per mile for
MPH and 1210 revs per mile for KPH. A KPH speedo with a US spec angle
drive will indicate about 1/3 to high speed.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21