[DeTomaso] Attention - flaky carb bowls

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 01:03:22 EDT 2008

<<< ...the inside surface of the new bowl I had put on last year was literally bubbling and
flaking off in not too tiny pieces. ... I'd be curious if any of you have heard of or run a
across this problem. >>>

Mike,

Holley has apparently had a problem with contamination in some of their castings of late.
Two co-workers installed brand new Holley carbs within the last 12 months and and had
the exact same symptoms you describe and discovered the same problem, after much
frustration trying to diagnose the problem before finally disassembling their brand new
carbs.  In both cases a phone call to Holley's customer support line resulted in a new
carb being shipped directly to them (presumably good onse, which they proved to be).

Cheers!
Garth