[DeTomaso]   alum heads on the street

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 18:44:58 EDT 2008

In a message dated 8/5/08 10:38:33 AM, dyogi at honolulu.gov writes:

> Distilled water is the worse thing that you can use according to the
> manufacturer of No-Rosion products.  The distilling process strips minerals and
> Ions from the water.  When antifreeze and other anti corrosion additives are
> introduced to this water, the water strips the chemicals from the additives in
> an attempt to balance itself thereby wearing down the additive from the very
> start.  If you have bad water, the best to use is softened water, otherwise
> tap water with an anti corrosive additive is best.  See the FAQ page at:
> www.norosion.com for interesting information on cooling systems and preservation.

Absolutely correct- D.I   water is as acid as Coca Cola. For a graphic
demonstration, take some distilled water and put a scrap piece of aluminum in it.
You'll likely see hydrogen bubbles coming off and the part will be severely
corroded overnight! For a crude comparison test, you can do the same with your
local tap water, and with soft water. It doesn't take long to figure out whats
the best deal. FWIW- J Deryke