[DeTomaso] Qvale & DeTomaso

Richard Barkley rlbpantera at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 5 13:49:20 EDT 2008

Mike,

I don't know about Joe Moore's Mongusta track car but I'm pretty sure he
had/has a Guara. Here's some evidence that he had one in 2002:
http://www.jacksonville.com/autos/stories/120502.shtml
> Nearby sat the only DeTomaso Guara in the United States, owned by Joe
> Moore.
>
> First shown at the Geneva Motorshow in 1993 as a rear-wheel-drive
> two-seat barchetta (convertible), it was designed as a road legal race
> car. The coupe version was introduced a year later with a sleek nose,
> flat sides with a deep engine air intake and blunt tail with
> high-vented engine cover. That's what Moore owns, a race car with a
> 315-hp BMW engine, lightweight racing seats, roll bar and racing
> modifications.
Maybe you were thinking Guara and wrote Mongusta. But I thought his was
yellow like Wilkinsons. Maybe it got repainted.

Richard

--
-----
Sincerely, Richard Barkley

To Ski or not to Ski, that is the question!

Richard Barkley (310) 373-6695 (home)
E-mail:  rlbpantera <atsign> earthlink.net
ZONKEY'S home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbpantera
Mammoth Lakes Vacation Condo: 2BR+loft/3Bath - Horizons 4 #186 (760) 934-6758
Condo web address: http://home.earthlink.net/~rbarkley