[DeTomaso] Optima battery

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Tue Aug 5 13:25:32 EDT 2008

My Pantera came with a blue top (marine deep cycle) Optima battery when
I bought the car seven years ago.  It is still going strong and can
withstand long periods of slacking.

I run gel batteries in my other vehicles.  The last two I bought were
Orbital brand.  One started smoking after a year which Napa replaced for
free without any hassles.

Pretty much any reasonable size battery will crank your Cleveland.  You
probably do not have a whole lot of electronic gadgets to put demands on
the battery.

The Pantera's battery tie down "box" will accommodate a wide variety of
sizes.  The only issue is the clearance with the hood.

Just head down to your local Costco, Napa, or other decent parts store
and pick up a battery that is not any taller than your current battery
and you should be fine.