[DeTomaso] ZF Ring Gear Bolts

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Aug 4 18:14:57 EDT 2008

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9550045562/m/1350085745?r=30400
37845#3040037845

part #'s are 8ea 206-2803 for ROVER "K" SERIES FLYHEELS,2ea M12AM.826-1F /
M10 X 1.0 12PT FLYWHEEL BOLTS

but...you gotta drill em yourself.

Just what I read. I got my bolts from Marino at Pantera East. They aren't
ARP.

Kind Regards
Barry

[DeTomaso] ZF Ring Gear Bolts
asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Aug 4 15:56:10 CDT 2008

----

I just got off a lengthy conversation with ARP.

I can't buy these bolts from them.

The M10 x 1.0 12Pt Bolt x 0.900" is a special order run by Randolph
Austin Co.  Since Randolph Austin specified the bolt, ARP considers it
proprietary and suggested I contact Randolph Austin Co, in Texas.
They would not sell them to me.

I asked if they had a customer named RBT Transmissions, or Lloyd
Butfoy.  They did some lookups and did not find any references.

So, although this appeared to be a slam dunk, it missed the rim entirely.

If someone has a different experience, please provide specific
information in order to get around this hurdle.

Thanks,
Asa Jay

Quoting MikeLDrew at aol.com:

> Garth,
>
> We learned off-list from another forum member exactly what Lloyd gets.
> Photo of the bolts, with the invoice and special part number attached. :>)
>
> Mike

> Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
> budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000
017

----