[DeTomaso] Steering rack adventures

Bohdan Goyaniuk andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 3 14:35:25 EDT 2008

  I bought Roland's last 3 new racks - I understand.

  I needed one and I will be putting the other 2 on the market.  The price is $600USD plus shipping (That is what I paid for them)  Shipping to the U.S. will be from Ogdensburg, NY.

  Bohdan Goyaniuk, 6239
  Ottawa, Ontario Canada

"ProvaMo.com" <Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  There are areas of wear (the rack gear that the pinion rolls over)
that can not be fixed easily, and thus replaced. If there is a "flat spot"
usually in the middle, one might *might* be able to hand file or
something... But a good used rack might be the better decision, or a new
rack.

Does Roland J. still have two ratios available?

Chuck Melton

Dear Master of Pantera steering racks,

You wrote:

"This winter I will probably completely strip my old rack and
inspect it, then swap them out, in the hopes of eliminating the play.

Failing that, it's a 600 Euro phone call to Roland. :<("

$$$$$$$$$$$$ "..a 600 Euro phone call to Roland " (for a new steering
rack)?? Huh, I thought you had every variation and problem with the
steering rack noted, filed and cross-referenced. You mean that *you* may
not be able to fix your steering rack with the internationally famous Mike
Drew Steering Rack Rebuild?? Gee, maybe those darn things are more
complicated than I appreciated........

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

5:30 PM