[DeTomaso] Battery question

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 3 13:20:06 EDT 2008

I needed to replace my battery during the restoration.  I bought a red top
optima (This is 1998).  During the resto the car sat for LONG periods of
time.  Then I brought it home (unfinished) and it sat between occasional
drives (while bare metal, no windscreen, etc) for several years.

Going to the PCNC meeting Thursday it started for its last time.
CostCo now sells Optima.

I have heard that Optima went with a new/cheaper source, and quality
dropped.
Can anyone confirm this (quality)?

I'll likely replace it with same, as it fits in my dropped battery box.
(photos on my website.)

Chuck

Folks,
Hope all finds you well!  It's been a few months since I found  some time to

start my stock 1972 up.  Unfortunately the battery was  very weak and its
time
to replace it.  (Bought car about 7 years ago with  this battery in it and
don't know its history.   (Magnacharge  60)  Never heard of them.

Looking for suggestions on a replacement top post battery for a 1972 stock
351 Cleveland.   The car sits a lot.

Thanks

Cliff NY

Read reviews on AOL Autos.