[DeTomaso] Today... in Asa Jay's Garage

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Aug 3 12:04:33 EDT 2008

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:
> You've already done all the hard work; removing and replacing and
> safety-wiring the ring gear bolts is child's play compared to what you've gone through
> already.   For peace of mind, spend the $100 or whatever for the proper ARP
> bolts, and do it up right.

That was pretty  much my thought as well.  If I could get the
differential out without too much additional trouble, it would make it
even easier.  It's not like I don't have time, since I'm waiting on
replacing the bushings in my a-arms and rebuilding the uprights as well.
> Some vendors sell a Brand X bolt kit that is cheaper.   I have never heard
> anything bad about any of those kits.   But for my money, I'd do ARP.

I'll give them a call Monday.
> The Jan '96 and July '02 POCA newsletters have articles on doing this job.

There is also a pretty good article in the TSB's, but I have the
newsletter stock here anyway. :)
>> The slave cylinder is fed at the end by the old red clear tube.  I think
>> I'd like to replace this.  I remember the very first PCNC tech session I
>> attended, the first Pantera of the day, the gentleman replaced that line
>> with what I think was a stainless overbraided line.  Come to think of
>> it, I can probably source one locally, though it may be simpler to get
>> it from a Pantera vendor.  I'm not sure if the old lines get brittle and
>> break, but I know the one on my car is not very flexible at the moment,
>> but -is- holding fluid.

Well, I do have a hose house in Spokane that can build me anything.  But
in many cases I prefer to give our Pantera Vendors the business.  Thanks
for the pointer Mike.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie