[DeTomaso] SHIFT LINKAGE ADJUSTMENT / Dick Ruzzin

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Sun Aug 3 09:21:00 EDT 2008

Reverse in my car was getting hard to get to so I decided to adjust the shift
linkage.
I said last time that I NEVER wanted to do it again.

I can put the transmission into reverse manually at the shifter box and have
been putting the lever into the corresponding slot with the linkage loose.
That is, all together but not tightened down.

I got it once but it was not quite right as I sometimes got first in the
reverse slot instead of reverse, sometimes.

There is nothing in the ZF manual about linkage adjustment or the proper
process to do it.

Has anyone had any positive experience in doing this, any hints or clues?

I think the key question is, where do you put the lever when tightening the
lock nut?

Thanks,

 All the best,
Dick Ruzzin,______________________DickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd.
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
Home: +313-824-0539, Cell: +313-300-9558