[DeTomaso] eBay Auction Items: Pantera Motor Mounts (Lower Piece), and Sealed Beam to Ampilux Halogen Headlight Conversion by SEV Marchal

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 2 20:13:32 EDT 2008

Guys:

Please forgive the shameless self promotion here.... I've just posted two items to eBay. One is a  pair of the lower engine (or motor) mounts, and the other is by SEV Marchal which converts the 7" sealed beam headlight to the removable (and much more powerful) halogen bulb headlight system. This is the Ampilux E2, which takes the H4 bulb. It is a direct replacement for a dual beam (hi beam, and low beam) sealed beam headlight. Essentially you remove the sealed beam bulb, and install this in it's place. Of course this is also about 3 times the light. The H4 bulbs that are included are 130 watt high beam, 100 watt low beam versus the 35 watt sealed beam bulbs...

The links are:

SEV Marchal headlight conversion:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AUS%3A12&viewitem=&item=200243573896

Motor mounts:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AUS%3A11&viewitem=&item=200243569452

I've tried to price these items conservatively, basing the motor mounts off of what Wilkinson wants, and the Marchal's from what little I found on the 'net. I was hesitant to ask what I found for the Marchals, since the most current reference talked about "... $400 per side...", and there's no way that I want to charge someone $800 for this... even if they're worth that much to somebody else....

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"
The Electric Pantera