[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 49, Issue 1-ZF and Kumos

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 12:51:56 EDT 2008

One other comment on the Zf breakings
When I talked to Lloyd at Monterey he told
me both Quella and Esakoff were breaking the
backsides of the gears due to hard down shifts
He told them that there are brakes on the car but
I know after I tweaked my car how cool it is to do
a real hard downshift and run into the corner on the pipe.
Trying to break more now.

Kumo tires
These tires are the ones as Jack stated that
most of the autocrossers run to and from the track
The Dot very aggressive tires  V710's are very road friendly
compared to Hoosiers... I have run both most of the
time on the street  on three cars and even drove to Vegas on  the Hoosier
Road race tires my first year I went.   Most people look
at the tread and tell me I need new tires and when I tell
them they are almost new then they start asking about
Dot, driving in the rain etc.

Mikey and the boys were commenting at last nights Pcnc
meeting how they have rarely seen my car with treaded tires
Ordering a new set of Kumos for the Virgina City Hillclimb next week
gotta have them sticky

Bob Benson- still love my Kumos

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.