[DeTomaso] Holley Red Fuel Pump

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 20:32:39 EDT 2008

Use one filter and put it after the pump.  Go to a race shop that
specializes in dirt track.  Our local speed shop - Smiley's Racing - has
some really nice filters.  They consist of an aluminum tube with a fitting
on each end.  The tube gets filled with a fine wire mesh.

I've tried several pumps.  I prefer mechanical.  They don't tend to fail.  I
have an electric Carter right now, but I'm thinking about trying the Rob
Macquarie pump.  It sure looks like a nice pump.  You can find it on the 335
engine forum.

If you have a Windsor block, you have several choices for nice mechanical
pumps.  The Cleveland doesn't have as many choices.

Holley Reds are known for going out.  It hasn't happened to me, but that's
what I've heard.

Will.