[DeTomaso] Holley Red Fuel Pump

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:58:39 EDT 2008

My dyno run shows the car is lean above 3000 rpm.  When we disconnected the fuel line with the ignition on the gas was sluggish and sputtered.  Thus I have a fuel delivery issue.  They said the pump (Holley Red) is bad for sure as it was so pulsatile and sluggish, not just a bad filter.
What do most guys have as  a fuel pump?  I have read Carter may be better and is less noisy.
I was told to put a filter after the tank and after the pump plus a regulator.  I recall reading on this forum only one filter is typical????

Thanks
Clay