[DeTomaso] FW: BBORR

Steve Hawkins shawkins777 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 28 15:42:46 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: scott black [mailto:timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:12 PM
To: DeTomaso A
Subject: BBORR

Congrats to Mike Frazier for capturing his 5th BBORR win.  He and Jim Cooper
were smooth and consistent on their way to victory in his Pantera.

I was asked by a client, Shelby Automobiles, to co-drive with Gary Patterson
in the new Terlingua Racing Team Shelby Mustang.  How could I turn down the
opportunity to join the roll of "factory Shelby team driver"?

It was my first experience in an ORR.  Anyone who ever has even thought
about participating in one of these events should do it.  It is so different
from any other motorsports activity that I have done, and so much fun, that
I have to recommend it to everyone.

We competed in the 110 mph class because the 5 point harness did not get
installed in time for the planned 125 mph class run.  The driver in the El
Camino that ran just before us is 87 years old.

Scott Black