[DeTomaso] expansion tank cap

Lee Farrell lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 28 15:38:21 EDT 2008

Keeping it simple on vegas week....   I noticed my expansion "radiator" cap is very corroded underneath.   I understand you need a "European type" cap to fit correctly, and in fact I have a mercedes cap on my car.  The SOBill data  base lists a Stant 10230 16 lb cap.   But I thought you didn't need a pressure valve on the fill/expansion tank.   So is that cap for the swirl tank?   Maybe I didn't understand the data base, but is there a simple, local, non-expansion-valve cap for the "European size" expansion tank?  thanks
lee farrell