[DeTomaso] Front vented roter replacments

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 23:54:43 EDT 2008

<<< There has been some research on a stock replacement front vented rotors---was it
  successful?. Is the number/manufacture available and is there a retro-fit stock set for the
  rears? Thanks all. >>>

  Mike Thomas wrote an article doing the rotor swap for POCA (I think) and here's the parts
  list... he says they fit great?  The ones on the Stainless Steel Brakes Corp (SSBC) site that
  Mike used are slotted and vented... not drilled.

Below is the link:
http://www.ssbrakes.com/products/detail/3914/?make=Ford...ar=(1967%20-%201967)

http://www.ssbrakes.com

SSBC Rotors: (1) S2300L (Left) and (1) S2300R (Right) $85.00 per rotor
SSBC Dust Caps: (2) to fit the S2300
Bearings: (2) NAPA BR2
(2) NAPA BR6
Seals: (2) NAPA 17387
Grease: for disc brakes (higher temp resistance)
Bearing packing tool
New cotter pins (2)
  (Source: http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1510042044/m/7150006294?r=5420090394#5420090394)

  ParaPantera Ron installed the Mustang rotors on his Pantera. I'm sure he could tell you
  what specific problems you might run into, if any (ParaPantera at aol.com).

  On 2/19/05 he posted the following to the mail list:
  "the swap was straight forward; they even use the same bearings and seals.  The only two
  catches are you have to slightly modify a pair of $10  dust caps from the "Help" rack located
  in about any auto parts store, and then  there is the studs.  The shank on the Mustang stud
  is ever so slightly larger than the Pantera shank, so if you put the Pantera stud in the
  Mustang hole, it would not "bite" enough to keep from spinning while tightening the lug nuts."

  Rotor only: http://members.aol.com/parapantera/newrotor.jpg
  Rotor and caliper: http://members.aol.com/parapantera/newrotorcal.jpg

  And Mike Frazier posted about the Mustang Rotors to the mail list back in 2004. I'm sure
  you can find his posts if you search the archives.

  And John Taphorn mounted the Mustang rotors to the rear of his GT5. Read about it in this
  post: http://realbig.com/pipermail/detomaso/2007-July/086818.html

  Lastly, someone (I forgot who) posted that Powerslot Cryo Rotors (P/N's 8153 PSL & 8153 PSR)
  should be a direct front rotor bolt on.

  Cheers!
  Garth