[DeTomaso] Stainless trim around door windows

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 21:20:11 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/23/08 8 13 29, tm6279 at comcast.net writes:

> Any suggestions on how to proceed if the plastic gear fails in the window
> full up position?  I tried the emergency tool, but the window will not budge.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>

>>>If the window is well and truly stuck, the only way to get it down is to
remove the four bolts that hold the window regulator in place, and the single
screw that holds the arm to the bottom of the glass, then lower the regulator
and arm down out of the way.   Then you can slide the window down a few inches,
unbolt the rollers which will then enable you to remove the guide, and slide
the window back up, then secure it with duct tape wrapped around the top of
the door.   Once that's done, you can remove the regulator, and fix the problem,
which is unquestionably a broken gear.