[DeTomaso] Stainless trim around door windows

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 13:49:39 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/23/08 8:13:29 AM, tm6279 at comcast.net writes:

> Any suggestions on how to proceed if the plastic gear fails in the window
> full up position?  I tried the emergency tool, but the window will not budge.

There are no options- the gearbox must come out and a new gear installed. The
e-tool simply rotates the gear, and with a piece of gear sticking out, its
jammed tight regardless of whether you use arm power or the motor to try
rotating it. At least in this mode, rain doesn't come in as it did on a few that
failed in the half-way position. All the vendors carry the brass replacement since
about 1977 when Hall first tooled up to have these made. Note also the same
fail-prone gear is used to raise and lower your headlights.... Good luck- J
Deryke