[DeTomaso] vent mystery solved! (sort of)

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Apr 23 01:27:02 EDT 2008

This evening I took out the little overflow-protection valve I purchased last year.  I examined it and found the reason my gas tank began imploding the other day was that THE VALVE WAS FAULTY!!!  The little rubber seal on one end had torn 4/5 around its center and when the valve moved, the rubber seal twisted and froze the little plunger which is supposed to move freely back and forth.  I removed the excess rubber and tested it and it now works great.

I hope that's the last of that problem I encounter.

Thanks for all the suggestions on what the problem might be.

Viva Las Vegas! (despite the fact I'm burning a quart of oil every 250 miles)

Sincerely,

Chris