[DeTomaso] lifting dash on 72 pre-L

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 21:08:14 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/22/08 11 51 54, lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net writes:

> does anyone have the dimensions of the metal piece on later cars for
> holding down the dash vinyl?   My car doesn't have it, and the dash is lifting.  I
> haven't seen it on the vendor's sites.   Also, how is it connected/fastened?

They were secured with tiny, tiny screws, almost like the screws used in
eyeglasses.   They were never a stand-alone part from De Tomaso; the Ford part
number is D16Y-6304200-A.   The long retainer is 16 inches, and the short one is,
well, short.   The long one had three screws, the short one had two, and when
the screws are installed you basically can't see them, they're so small.

TSB #5, article 31.

There are lots of Pre-L dashes gathering dust in Pantera shops, and so you
can probably get some from one of them.