[DeTomaso] conflicting VINs

hoppe1 at cox.net hoppe1 at cox.net
Tue Apr 22 19:30:07 EDT 2008

I would check the one stamped in the brake box under the front trunk lid.
The dashes can be changed with the wrong vin attached.  The one on the door can also be moved or riveted on or the door changed from car to car.
The one in the trunk goes with the chasis and should be the final word.
You could also look under the dash to see if everything looks right to see if someone welded in a piece to make up the stamped brake box.  Very unlikely.

Rich